Today marks one full year since the launch of the Norco Blog. That is right, 365 days have passed since that first post on January 5th 2009. The year has had some great events, incredible rides and even some technical training along the way. In my biased oppinion, these were the top 10 events of the year through the eyes of the blog
Number 10 – Jan. 5, 2009 – The First Post
- From the Vancouver deep freeze of January the Blog was launched under a blanket of snow…
Number 9 – July 8, 2009 – Blackrock Demo Day
- Riding in Blackrock is like another world. Match that with the largest consumer demo day in the West and you have a great day of riding ahead of you.
Number 8 – June 22, 2009 – Ride To Conquer Cancer
- The Ride to Conquer Cancer was an epic ride from Vancouver BC to Seattle WA. 1701 riders partook and raised $6.9 Million
Number 7 - Jan. 30, 2009 – California Road Trip, Bike and BRAIN
- Day 6 of the California Road trip was riding with friends from Bike Magazine and Bicycle Retailer. Nothing like Southern California in the dead of winter.
Number 6 – March 19, 2009 – How to Adjust a Rear Derailleur
- Adjusting a derailleur is not easy, here is a guide on how to do it yourself.
Number 5 – July 23, 2009 – 2010 Norco Product Launch
- The 2010 Norco Product Launch was held in Vancouver British Columbia. A select few from around the world were chosen to have the first look at the new bikes.
Number 4 – Aug. 19, 2009 – Crankworx Whistler
- Crankworx 2009 included highlights such as Fionn Griffiths winning the Air DH and the Open Enduro for the Elite Women.
Number 3 - April 12, 2009 – Cyclebetes Spinathon
- 14 Norco employees participated in a Cyclebetes Spinathon held in West Vancouver. The event raised $110,000 towards finding a cure for Juvenile Diabetes.
Number 2 – Oct.7, 2009 – Riding in Moab Utah
- After Interbike 2009, we were lucky enough to have a week of riding in Moab Utah. What a place to ride!
- I was given the opportunity to ride in Whitehorse this past year with Ride Guide TV. I didn’t know what to expect going in and was blown away with the riding, the people and the scenery!