The PoCo Grand Prix is a criterium bike race which is part of BC Superweek and features male and female cyclists from around the world.
The race will feature a mass start and a 1.3-kilometre circuit that cyclists will navigate for 40-65 laps. Male and female cyclists will fly by about once every minute, making for an exciting spectator experience.
The day will also include races for children and youth, and a Corporate Challenge relay race which will have two Norco Bicycles staff teams!
PoCO Grand Prix Schedule
Thousands of people will gather in Port Coquitlam on July 15th from noon to 11 p.m. to watch top international cyclists race through the streets, and enjoy:
• Professional and amateur cycling races and awards from 12:20-9 p.m. Racers from H&R Block Pro Cycling and Norco Bicycles/Premier Tech will be competing after 6pm.
• Live entertainment from 1-11 p.m. at the Leigh Square Stage sponsored by Phoenix Truck and Crane
• The Kids’ Zone from 1-5:30 p.m. sponsored by Norco Bicycles
• Kids performers from 1-5 p.m. including Will Stroet, sponsored by Phoenix Truck and Crane
• Beer garden from 3-10 p.m.
• VIP Experience from 3-9 p.m. for sponsors. Sponsored by Mahony and Sons.
BC Superweek is Canada’s biggest professional cycling series and features more than $125,000 in prize money available during eight races over ten days. BC Superweek runs from July 8 – 17, and is made up of the Tour de Delta (July 8, 9, 10), Global Relay Gastown Grand Prix (July 13), Giro di Burnaby p/b Appia Development (July 14), PoCo Grand Prix p/b Dominion Lending Centres (July 15), and Steve Nash Fitness World presents the Tour de White Rock (July 16, 17). For more information, visit www.bcsuperweek.ca.